Summary of Functions:
- To facilitate abstinence and youth development programming.
- Equip and support parents as the primary educators of their children.
- To present the Sexual Risk Avoidance Education and Rites of Passage youth development program elements to participants.
- To work in tandem with the Project Director to reach youth and families with innovative programming to bring permanent positive transformations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must perform all facilitator functions, including assessment, workshop preparation and presentation and organizing and coordinating and leading field trips, etc. as required by Manager.
- Maintain all written records in each participants file (e.g. assessments, progress notes, incident reports, correspondence, etc.) in a timely fashion, updating no less than weekly.
- Must maintain accurate program reports including attendance sheets, count forms, locations served and any other Ridge or grant required records.
- Must maintain safety and order of the participants at all items during Rites of Passage activities, including field trips.
- Must enforce and uphold all rules and policies of The Ridge Project, both for the Rites of Passage and in his/her personal life as applicable.
- Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
- Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
Job Location: Northwest Ohio
Company Industry: Not for Profit, Ministry
Job Role: Facilitator
Joining Date: Immediate need
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Employee
Yearly Salary Range: $28,000-$30,000
Manages Others: No
Number of Vacancies: 1
Other: Includes full medical, dental, vision and life benefits
- Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
- Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
- Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrable life experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with families and youth, including ability to develop rapport and to maintain discipline.
- Computer skills and word processing required.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Career: Entry Level
Years of Experience: 1 -2 years
Residence Location: Northwest Ohio
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred