Northeast Ohio/Greater Cleveland Area – Facilitator Case Manager
The Case Manager/Facilitator will provide Fatherhood, Marriage and Family Strengthening programming to incarcerated fathers, ex-offender fathers, low income fathers, and their respective partners. The successful Facilitator will assist the Regional Director in expanding and developing relationships that will expand and enhance services provided to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director with implementation, expansion and maintenance of the TYRO program.
- Must perform all Facilitator functions, including assessment, case management, workshop preparation and presentation (TYRO Leadership, TYRO Dads, Couple Communication, and JET); and organizing and leading trips to the prisons, as required by Director.
- Must maintain all written records in each participant’s file (e.g., assessment, progress notes, pre/post evaluations, incident reports, correspondence, etc.) in timely fashion, updating no less than weekly.
- Must report to the Director in writing to the Director weekly & monthly, the report to be structured according to the Director’s instruction.
- Must maintain safety and order of the participants and staff at all times during TYRO times of activity, including any field trips.
- Must enforce all rules and policies of The RIDGE Project, both for the TYRO and in his/her personal life as applicable.
- Must assist the Director in planning events at the Correctional Institutions.
- Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
- Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
- Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
- Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous Case-Management experience is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with at-risk populations (history of working with incarcerated individuals and/or their families preferred), including ability to develop rapport and to maintain discipline.
- Must be a good public speaker/teacher able to conduct trainings and seminars.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be able to follow written instructions, lesson plans and institutional procedures.
- Must have excellent computer skills – prior use of databases is a plus
- Must have good writing, and note-taking skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, among others.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
This position will have a variable schedule based on the position type (i.e. full time, part time, or contractor) and will be determined by the Regional Director. In general, the Case Manager/Facilitator will work 40+ hours M-F. Extensive in-state travel required with the possibility of some out of state travel.
The Facilitator will complete the following forms and turn them in to the Regional Director every two weeks: Daily Activity Log, Phone Log and mileage, if applicable. Reimbursement will be made for business mileage (other than to and from base office) at the rate established by the Board. The Facilitator will report verbally, and in writing monthly, to the Regional Director.
This position will be reviewed annually by the Executive Directors. This work contract will be discussed at the time of the annual review, or at any other time, at the discretion of the Executive Directors. This position does not include health and life insurance benefits or vacation and sick leave benefits, in accord with Board policy.
- The employee will need to be able to occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee will need to use close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.