Financial Director (exempt)
Reports to: Executive Director and Operations Director
- To effectively manage the financial team, and to establish fiscal policies and procedures that further the company’s mission.
- To ensure accuracy of all project and organizational financial records.
- To ensure project compliance with fiscal requirements of various funding sources.
- To budget/forecast and provide the Executive team with regular financial information and provide business analysis and insight.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead all duties related to preparing bi-weekly payroll, including verification that all employees submit their timesheets. Includes payment of all related taxes and required tax reports.
• Lead in keeping record of all purchases and expenditures according to GAAP and in accordance with organizational practices.
• Lead in filling out all required forms for employees (I-9, W-4, etc.)
• Lead in compiling and preparing grant project reports – monthly, quarterly and annual.
• Lead in preparing regular financial reports for RIDGE Executive Staff.
• Work with Directors in preparing budgets for all projects.
• Work with Directors in preparing all grant fiscal reports.
• Work with Directors in preparing Annual reports.
• Work with Auditor in annual audits.
• Manage Fiscal Department staff.
• Process project cost projections.
• Process needed reports and submit sales tax payments.
• Record vender invoices in the computer and process all payments on a timely basis.
• Make file copies of invoices and all supporting documents and file.
• Submit invoices and supporting documents for all AR.
• Record payments received.
• Deposit RIDGE payments received and record deposits (Make file copies of all paperwork)
• Generate AP checks (Make copies).
• Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
• Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
• Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Manage credit cards.
• Data Entry (as needed).
• Other duties as assigned by Directors.
• Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
• Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
• Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
• Education or background in accounting is required (CPA not necessary, but is preferred).
• Prior non-profit experience is preferred.
• Prior experience with Federal grants is preferred.
• Demonstrable integrity, honesty and confidentiality is required.
• Proficient in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, among others.
• Must be well organized, have excellent time-management skills, and be able to write reports.
• Prior experience managing financial office staff.
• Experience with budgets over $5 million.
• Experience with QuickBooks required.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
• Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
• Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
• Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
• Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
• Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
This is a full-time employee position, hours to be determined with the Executive Directors. The work schedule will be variable, as established with the supervisor. In general, this position will work M-F, averaging 40+ hours per week. Some travel will be required.
The Financial Director will complete the following forms and turn them in to the Executive Director every two weeks: Detailed timesheets and Mileage & Reimbursement Log, if applicable. Reimbursement will be made for business mileage (other than to and from base office) at the rate established by the Board. The Financial Director will also report verbally, and in writing monthly, to the Executive Director.
This position will be reviewed annually by the Executive Directors. This work contract will be discussed at the time of the annual review, or at any other time, at the discretion of the Executive Directors. This position does include health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits. Vacation and sick leave benefits do apply, in accord with Board policy.
- The employee will need to be able to occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee will need to use close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Your employment with The Ridge Project is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or The Ridge Project at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in these policies shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of The Ridge Project employees.