Data Entry Specialist
The Ridge Project, Inc. is an industry leader in the human services field. Founded in 2000 as a faith-based, Christian, non-profit, The RIDGE Project specializes in Youth Intervention, Fatherhood, Healthy Relationship, Healthy Family, and Workforce Development services. We currently operate throughout the state of Ohio. Through our unique and cutting edge programs, we seek to end generational cycles of family disintegration by training clients to have strong, healthy and permanent marriages, and to be responsible citizens and role models in their schools, families and/or communities. We are rapidly expanding the scope of our services, and are seeking well-qualified individuals who are passionate about strengthening families.
Summary of Functions:
To support the operations of the RIDGE Project by answering phones, greeting guests, receiving and distributing incoming mail, and assisting the Data Entry Coordinator to ensure accurate, fast data entry. This position will maintain client records, and will primarily be responsible for the entering of incoming client data into the database and overseeing mailings of communications and mailings back to clients. Additionally, the position will require all receptionist functions as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To answer phones and greet guests of The RIDGE Project.
- To receive and distribute the mail.
- To process incoming paperwork, and to organize and maintain The RIDGE Project client records in the Database
- To assist in entering class attendance data & processing incentives for clients, as needed.
- To assist the Data Entry Coordinator with entering and scanning/uploading all forms and information into the database.
- To assist the Data Entry Coordinator in preparing “class boxes” and “presentation boxes” for the facilitation of classes.
- Ensuring that the document retention policy is adhered to.
- To mail response letters to clients.
- Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
- Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Location: Wooster, OH
Company Industry: Not for Profit, Ministry
Job Role: Data Entry
Joining Date: Immediate need
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Employee
Yearly Salary Range: $12 per hour
Manages Others: No
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
- Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
- Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must have good typing skills, 60 words per minute and 10-key experience preferred.
- Must have experience working with databases and knowledge of how a database works.
- Must possess good secretarial skills, including writing and editing, and working with computer and office machines.
- Must have good phone and conversation skills.
- Must have demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills and word processing required.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Career: Entry Level
Years of Experience: 1 -2 years
Residence Location: Northeast Ohio
Degree: Highschool diploma or GED