McClure, OH – May 8-9, 2018
Attend In Person or Live Stream
CORE COMMUNICATION™ is the premier, applied interpersonal communication skills course. The skills learned in this course will allow you to:
- Create more satisfying relationships
- Expand your options for meeting and handling personal challenges
- Lower your stress levels
- Improve your productivity when a task involves other people
- Increase your personal and professional opportunities
In this engaging course, you will learn to:
- Expand self-awareness
- Increase understanding of others
- Talk and listen more productively
- Initiate faster, better resolutions to conflicts — inside yourself and with others
- Reduce interpersonal tension and stress
- Acquire greater skill in negotiating and facilitating change
- Create successful approaches for handling difficult conversations
- Recognize your own impact on others
- Turn resistance into a resource
- Enhance your personal power and influence
- Develop confidence that they can communicate effectively in any situation
CORE COMMUNICATION™ teaches a practical set of maps, skills, and processes central to any interpersonal situation and offers guides for relating effectively. The course assumes that just one skilled person can positively influence a situation. You’ll learn how to use:
Your S.O.S.™ Network to:
- Consider the people an issue involves or affects
- Make more effective decisions
- Recognize how attitude and behavior reflect each other
The Styles of Communication® Map to:
- Recognize ineffective and effective ways of talking and listening
- Improve the quality of your communication
- The Awareness Wheel® Map to:
- Understand yourself better
- Apply 6 talking skills to be clear and congruent
The Listening Cycle® Map to:
- Tune in accurately to the other’s perspective
- Use 5 listening skills to connect — Attentive Listening
The Conflict Patterns Map to:
- Gain insight into your own pattern of handling conflict
- Change an unsatisfactory pattern into a satisfactory one
The SkillsZone Map to:
- Respond effectively to challenging situations
- Build rapport, manage stress, and stay skilled in difficult conversations
Special Processes to:
- Respond to resistance to turn it into a resource
- Respond constructively to Fight or Spite Talk
The Map-An-Issue Process™ — a guide that combines the 11 talking and listening skills to:
- Create best-fit, collaborative solutions to complicated issues
- Help you function better as a colleague, coach/counselor, or facilitator/consultant to work out an issue, decision, or conflict in a collaborative way
The instructor training will equip you to teach others the CORE COMMUNICATION frameworks, skills, and processes. By attending the training, you will:
- Gain experience using teaching/learning materials and tools
- Practice skill/process coaching methods with real and simulated issues
- Identify ways to support the transfer and extended use of the skills and processes in daily life
- Integrate the program with historical and contemporary theories
- Choose instructional designs for your setting — education, congregation, community, clinic
BONUS #1: In addition to the CORE COMMUNICATION™ course, you will also be authorized to instruct the COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ courses.
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ teaches the same valuable communication skills as CORE COMMUNICATION™, but it applies them specifically for use with your significant other. It is a great tool for pre-marriage preparation, marriage education, or counseling. It was developed to help couples enjoy each other more, make mutually satisfying decisions, reduce tensions, resolve differences, and increase intimacy as they share their lives together.
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ has received awards for its development from:
The COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ program has two courses. COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ I teaches participants how to:
- Care for Themselves and Their Partner Better
- Spot and Change Breakdowns in Communication
- Expand Self and Partner Awareness About Important Issues
- Speak Clearly and Constructively Using Six Talking Skills
- Listen Accurately with Five Listening Skills
- Deal with Personal and Relational Concerns More Effectively
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ II builds upon the skills learned in the first course and teaches participants how to:
- Enjoy a Collaborative Operating System
- Make More Satisfying Decisions as a Couple
- Manage Their Own Anger Better
- Respond to Their Partner’s Anger More Effectively
- Align Their Values, Goals, and Plans as a Partnership
- Strengthen Their Relationship
Both programs are designed to be delivered in either group or private settings and over multiple weeks or in a 2-day workshop.
Professional instructors charge an average of:
- $80/private session for couples or individuals. Materials not included.
- $50/session for group classes per couple (or individual for CORE). Materials not included.
- $300 per couple (or individual for CORE) for an intensive 2-day training. Material may be included.
Many churches and other ministries offer COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ at low or no cost. You are free to set the pricing for your facilitation of the program, as it will be dictated by the work that you are trying to accomplish and your target audience.
Again, completing the 2-day Instructor Training authorizes you to instruct BOTH the COUPLE and CORE COMMUNICATION™ programs.
This training is ideal for:
- Life Coaches
- Family Life Educators
- Leaders of Men’s or Women’s Groups
- Teachers in Singles or Single-Parent Ministries
- Clinical Social Workers
- Pastoral Counselors
- College/University/Technical Institute Educators in the following departments:
- Communication (with interpersonal emphasis)
- Family Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
The next training is being held on
May 8 & 9, 2018 from 9 AM to 4:30 PM (EST).
Prefer to attend a COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ instructor training instead? You will still be authorized to instructor CORE COMMUNICATION™. Click HERE for more info on our next available training for COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ instructors.
Two Ways to Participate:
1. In Person – Attend the training live at our corporate office in McClure, OH. Doors will open at 8:30 AM (EST) each morning. Training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM (EST) and conclude at 4:30 PM (EST) both days. Lunch and refreshments provided.
2. Live Stream – Participate in the live training via the internet from the comfort of your home or office. Training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM (EST) and conclude at 4:30 PM (EST) both days.
Materials included with training:
– $60 value
Large CORE COMMUNICATION™
– $42 value
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ I
– $22 value
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ II
– $20 value
BONUS #2: ThriveSphere™
Online Facilitator Training
– $85 value
ThriveSphere™ is an advanced computer visualization that allows couples to “see” how they relate. It provides a visual reflection of the relationship and displays the views of each partner and reveals how those views interconnect. The system provides you with an easy-to-use process and tool that ignites communication, collaboration, and transformation. The patented system incorporates neuroscience and the modern science of complex adaptive systems and is only available through trained facilitators.
Registration Cost: $497
Have questions? Interested in group registration and billing?
Call us at (419) 278-0097 or email: email@example.com
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
The RIDGE ProjectJ169 State Route 65McClure, OH 43534
1544 E. Wooster Street
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
142 Campbell Hill Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
2150 E. Wooster Street
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Our region is served by:Detroit Metro Airport – DTW (88 miles)Toledo Express Airport – TOL (28 miles)
Google Maps and some other GPS programs have our location incorrectly marked. If you are using a smart phone use “Hope School” for your destination, as our facility is in this former school building. We are located approximately 5 miles south of McClure. For more information please call (419) 278-0097.
Our facility has plenty of secure, private parking that is free of charge.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Attend Risk-Free. If for any reason while attending the training, you don’t feel that the CORE and COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ programs are a good fit for you, simply let us know by the end of the training and return all your materials, and we will refund your entire registration fee. If you are attending via Live Stream, you are responsible for the cost of shipping your materials back to us.