The RIDGE Project
Company Profile: The Ridge Project, Inc. is an industry leader in the human services field. Founded in 2000 as a faith-based, Christian, non-profit, The RIDGE Project specializes in Youth Intervention, Fatherhood, Healthy Relationship, Healthy Family, and Workforce Development services. We currently operate throughout the state of Ohio. Through our unique and cutting edge programs, we seek to end generational cycles of family disintegration by training clients to have strong, healthy and permanent marriages, and to be responsible citizens and role models in their schools, families and/or communities. We are seeking well-qualified individuals who are passionate about strengthening families.
Job Title: Case Manager / Facilitator
Number of positions available: 1
1 | Summary of Functions:
2 | Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director with implementation, expansion and maintenance of the TYRO program.
- Must perform all Facilitator functions, including assessment, case management, workshop preparation and presentation (TYRO Leadership, TYRO Dads, Couple Communication, and JET); and organizing and leading trips to the prisons, as required by Director.
- Must maintain all written records in each participant’s file (e.g., assessment, progress notes, pre/post evaluations, incident reports, correspondence, etc.) in timely fashion, updating no less than weekly.
- Must report to the Director in writing to the Director weekly & monthly, the report to be structured according to the Director’s instruction.
- Must maintain safety and order of the participants and staff at all times during TYRO times of activity, including any field trips.
- Must enforce all rules and policies of The RIDGE Project, both for the TYRO and in his/her personal life as applicable.
- Must assist the Director in planning events at the Correctional Institutions.
- Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
- Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
2 | Organizational Relationships:
Direct Report: Project Director
Not for profit, Ministry
Case Management & Program Facilitation
Number of Vacancies:
Includes full medical, dental, vision and life benefits.
- Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
- Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
- Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous Case-Management experience is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with at-risk populations (history of working with incarcerated individuals and/or their families preferred), including ability to develop rapport and to maintain discipline.
- Must be a good public speaker/teacher able to conduct trainings and seminars.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be able to follow written instructions, lesson plans and institutional procedures.
- Must have excellent computer skills – prior use of databases is a plus.
- Must have good writing and note-taking skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, among others.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
To perform this job:
- The employee will need to be able to occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee will need to use close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.