The RIDGE Project
Company Profile: The Ridge Project, Inc. is an industry leader in the human services field. Founded in 2000 as a faith-based, Christian, non-profit, The RIDGE Project specializes in Youth Intervention, Fatherhood, Healthy Relationship, Healthy Family, and Workforce Development services. We currently operate throughout the state of Ohio. Through our unique and cutting-edge programs, we seek to end generational cycles of family disintegration by training clients to have strong, healthy and permanent marriages, and to be responsible citizens and role models in their schools, families and/or communities. We are seeking well-qualified individuals who are passionate about strengthening families.
Job Title: Case Manager / Facilitator
Number of positions available: 1
1 | About the Job:
- The Case Manager/Facilitator is the front-line service staff, whose goal is to help our justice-involved clients (mostly male) learn how to navigate and overcome the challenges they face in order to live successful, productive and healthy lives.
- The Case Manager Facilitator will be trained in the Leadership, Parenting, Marriage, Communication, and Family Strengthening programming we offer and will then teach those programs to incarcerated individuals in correctional facilities across the state.
- The Case Manager/Facilitator will coordinate supportive services like Family Programming, Jobs Skills Training, Education, and other resources to assist clients in their personal development and re-entry back into society.
- The Case Manager/Facilitator will assist the Project Director in expanding and developing relationships that will expand and enhance services provided to clients.
2 | About You:
- You enjoy teaching and connecting with people and have experience in public speaking.
- People would describe you as outgoing, and you get energy from being around people.
- You are comfortable being in a prison and are confident that you can maintain control and safety when working with justice involved individuals.
- You can think on your feet and enjoy artfully and charismatically engaging with people to get them to shift their attitudes and behaviors.
- Faith and Family are important to you.
3 | Skills You Need:
- You must be a good public speaker/teacher and be able to conduct trainings and seminars.
- You must be able to follow written instructions, lesson plans and institutional procedures.
- You must have demonstrated ability to work with at-risk populations (history of working with incarcerated individuals and/or their families preferred), including ability to develop rapport and to maintain discipline. Previous Case-Management experience is a plus.
- You must be able to use a computer to print, email, type case notes, and you must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, among others.
- You must be able to read and write English well.
- You must demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- You must be able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- You must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- You must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles we teach at The RIDGE Project and must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities (Lead by Example).
- You must adhere to the Statement of Faith and other policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
4 | Organizational Relationships:
Direct Report: Project Director
Yes – 403b plan
Case Management & Program Facilitation
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Life after 90 days
2 weeks’ vacation during first year + 15 company holidays
$40,000 starting salary
Number of Vacancies:
To perform this job:
- You will need to be able to stand and speak for long periods of time, sit and drive for long periods of time, will need to walk, and may need to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- You will regularly use hands to handle, or feel; type, with hands, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- You will need to use close vision; distance vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- You may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances of 100 yards or more.