The RIDGE Project
The Ridge Project, Inc. is an industry leader in the human services field. Founded in 2000 as a faith-based, Christian, non-profit, The RIDGE Project specializes in Youth Intervention, Fatherhood, Healthy Relationship, Healthy Family, and Workforce Development services. We currently operate throughout the state of Ohio. Through our unique and cutting-edge programs, we seek to end generational cycles of family disintegration by training clients to have strong, healthy and permanent marriages, and to be responsible citizens and role models in their schools, families and/or communities. We are seeking well-qualified individuals who are passionate about strengthening familie
Job Title: Youth Program Facilitator
Number of positions available: 1
You are a vibrant and outgoing person who enjoys being with other people. Kids in the 10-18 year-old age range are drawn to you, and you enjoy being around them. You are excited by opportunities to help young people make wise important life decisions. Setting a good example in your personal life is important to you. You are organized and detailed in everything you do. You might also like to be a teacher, youth pastor, camp counselor/leader, instructor/motivational speaker.
ABOUT THE JOB
1 | Summary of Functions:
- To teach Sexual Risk Avoidance programs to youth.
- Equip and support parents as the primary educators of their children.
- To present the Sexual Risk Avoidance Education and positive youth development programming elements to participants.
- To be a camp leader in one or more film camps held annually by The Ridge Project.
- To work in tandem with the Project Director to reach youth and families with innovative programming to bring permanent positive transformations.
2 | Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must perform all facilitator functions, including assessment, workshop preparation and presentation and organizing and coordinating and leading field trips, etc. as required by Manager.
- Maintain all written records in each participants file (e.g. assessments, progress notes, incident reports, correspondence, etc.) in a timely fashion, updating no less than weekly.
- Must maintain accurate program reports including attendance sheets, count forms, locations served and any other Ridge or grant required records.
- Must maintain safety and order of the participants at all items during Rites of Passage activities, including field trips.
- Must enforce and uphold all rules and policies of The Ridge Project, both for the Rites of Passage and in his/her personal life as applicable.
- Operates office equipment including computer, copiers, and fax machines.
- Must be familiar with computer systems, manuals and policies and procedures.
- Must participate in any required program training and remain on top of new trends by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as needed.
2 | Organizational Relationships:
Reports directly to Youth Program Coordinator
Not for profit, Ministry
Number of Vacancies:
Includes full medical, dental, vision and life benefits.
- Must demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles and goals of The RIDGE Project.
- Must adhere to a strong conviction that healthy marriages produce healthy families and communities.
- Must adhere to the policies and directives established by The RIDGE Project Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrable life experience.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with families and youth, including ability to develop rapport and to maintain discipline.
- Computer skills and word processing required.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently without supervision.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills, and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Must be willing and able to pass state and federal background check for working with children.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.